Does insurance cover rehab? Treatment centers in Arizona accept most insurance providers, as well as Medicaid. A treatment specialist can help you determine what type of insurance you have and what type of treatment your policy covers. Their goal is to make insurance verification as easy as possible so that they can get help for addiction.
To get started with insurance verification, you typically visit a treatment center or fill out a form on their website. Treatments centers often work directly with most state or national insurance providers, so the information stays confidential and doesn’t go through a third-party. Does insurance cover rehab? Let’s find out more.
Jump to Section
Popular Insurance Providers in Arizona
Most health insurance providers in Arizona offer some level of coverage for addiction treatment. Popular insurance providers include:
- Assurant Health
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Celtic Health
- Cigna health
- Companion Life
- Health Net
You may want to contact your health insurance company in Arizona to find out what type of addiction treatment your insurance plan covers. Several factors determine what type of coverage you have, including your insurance policy and the type of treatment available in your area.
What Type of Addiction Treatment Does Insurance Cover?
Most insurance companies recognize addiction as a condition or disease that needs medical treatment. Therefore, insurance companies approve of a wide range of treatments to ensure that you have a successful recovery. While all insurance companies differ in what they will cover, most providers will provide coverage for the treatment such as:
- Addiction assessment and follow-up evaluations
- Medication-assisted detox and rehab
- Inpatient, outpatient, and partial hospitalization programs
- Individual and family therapy and counseling
- Evidence-based treatment such as CBT or DBT
- Intervention and alcohol & drug testing
All of these treatments are covered under the Affordable Health Care Act Insurance. Eligibility for coverage depends on your addiction, any mental health disorders, the level of coverage, and what is outlined in your policy.
What Happens During Insurance Verification?
So that you understand insurance verification, here are some things you need to know, such as:
- Deductible: This is how much you have to pay before your insurance provider starts to pay. If you have a $2,000 deductible, then you have to pay the first $2,000 of the bill out-of-pocket.
- Copayment: A copayment is a fixed part of your payment for the bill. The copayment comes in after you have met your deductible. The insurance provider pays the other part of the bill.
- Coinsurance: Coinsurance is different from a copayment in that your fee is a percentage of the cost of treatment that you pay once you pay your deductible. For instance, if the fee for a service is $100, and your coinsurance is 20 percent, then you pay $20.
- Out-of-Pocket Maximum: Your out-of-pocket maximum is how much you are still required to pay after you have paid your deductible, copay, and coinsurance. Once you reach the maximum, your provider pays 100 percent of any additional cost.
Does Insurance Cover Rehab? Learn More at Phoenix Rising
Does insurance cover rehab? So to find out more about insurance verification or treatment options, call us at 8552328211. We can work with your insurance provider to give you exceptional care. At Phoenix Rising, we can get you on the road to recovery.