Selecting a treatment plan for substance abuse can be daunting. It can also be difficult to decide what level of care you need when you begin recovery. If you or a loved one is struggling with drug addiction or needs a step-down in services from inpatient rehab, the partial hospitalization program, or PHP rehab in Southern California, could be your best option. Phoenix Rising Recovery is here to help you or your loved one rise above addiction.
What is a PHP Rehab?
A partial hospitalization program (PHP Rehab) offers structured treatment, relapse prevention, and valuable life skills training. At Phoenix Rising’s PHP, you get treatment during the day and return to a separate sober living program at night. While we will handle the transportation, the separation between these facilities gives you the feeling of having a life outside the clinical setting.
Our partial hospitalization program in Palm Springs, CA is the highest level of supervision we offer aside from our inpatient program. It is well-suited for those who want to be separated from their everyday life while still exercising more freedom than in inpatient rehab. Our facility offers a safe and empowering space where you can focus all your energy on recovery.
Our specialists at Phoenix Rising will continuously evaluate you to help you determine when you’re ready for our partial hospitalization program. PHP may be the beginning of your recovery, or you might step down from a higher level of care.
PHP Rehab vs. Intensive Outpatient Programs (IOP)
Intensive outpatient programs (IOP) and PHP rehab centers differ in the number of hours you will spend in the program during the week and where you will live outside of treatment. PHP requires more time as you reside in a separate sober living home outside the clinical setting. Since PHP occurs during the daytime hours, you won’t have the ability to work or attend school during treatment.
With an IOP, you will have more freedom and will be able to choose where you live, either independently, with loved ones, or in a sober living home. You could continue working, taking care of your family, or going to school because IOPs offer a more flexible schedule than PHP. IOP usually lasts about three hours per session for three to five days each week.
PHP might be best for you if you need supportive housing and a high level of care during your treatment. After completing a PHP, you could step down to a lower level of care to an IOP or other outpatient treatment program. If you are leaving an inpatient rehab program and need more time to work on your recovery, the PHP Rehab at Phoenix Rising might be the best choice for you.
The Benefits of Our Palm Springs, CA, Partial Hospitalization Program
Partial hospitalization can meet many of the principles of effective treatment outlined by the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA). Effective treatment for addiction and mental health disorders includes finding the best treatment option that meets your needs. PHP is best for those ready to transition from an inpatient rehab program to the next level of care.
Partial hospitalization programs can help you by offering the following:
- Supportive environment: During PHP, you will get high levels of support from trained staff and clinicians during your treatment. You will return to a safe and secure sober living home with like-minded peers in recovery each night.
- Choices in recovery: When you finish PHP for the day, you are invited to participate in additional recovery sessions at the facility. You are encouraged to make your recovery your own. During PHP, you will have choices in your programming to empower you throughout your recovery.
- Evidence-based treatment: You know that you are getting the best treatment when it has a proven record of positive outcomes. Some of the most common evidence-based therapies at Phoenix Rising include cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT), and eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR).
- Cost-effective: PHP can provide high levels of clinical support and programming at a lower cost than inpatient rehab. The residential costs of sober living homes are generally lower than inpatient facilities due to less staffing and medical support in-house.
- Transitioning from inpatient rehab: You might not be ready to go back to your everyday life after inpatient rehab. Mental health and substance use disorders can negatively impact multiple areas of your life, and going home before you are ready could put you at higher risk of relapsing. PHP can help you work on your recovery while building the skills you’ll need to succeed in life outside of treatment.
How Long Does a PHP Rehab Last?
A PHP usually lasts about one month; however, you might be able to extend your treatment depending upon your needs. During PHP, your program will last most of the day — much like going to work or school. PHPs usually operate from Monday through Friday and follow a structured schedule that might look slightly different each day.
At Phoenix Rising, we invite you to participate in additional activities at the rehab facility following your day in PHP. These activities can help you build relationships, learn additional coping skills, and feel a sense of belonging in the recovery community.
What is a Partial Hospitalization Program in Palm Springs, CA Like?
A partial hospitalization program is like attending school for addiction and mental health recovery. Each morning, you will come to the treatment facility from the off-site sober housing complex. Your day will consist of group meetings, individual therapy, holistic treatment, and other activities related to your recovery.
At Phoenix Rising, we offer the following during our PHP rehab:
- Our secluded and serene ranch in Palm Springs will help you focus on your recovery without distraction. Being in a new setting can help you build new, healthy habits. We also invite you to try equine therapy on the ranch during your PHP.
- Physical health is essential for recovery from addiction and mental health disorders. Substance abuse can damage both your brain and your body. Restore your physical health with our pool, jacuzzi, and in-house fitness center.
- Holistic treatment can help you find balance as you heal your mind, body, and spirit. We offer several holistic and alternative therapies like music and art therapies, meditation, and psychodrama to use role-playing to teach valuable conflict resolution skills.
- Dual diagnosis treatment can help you heal from the underlying causes of addiction. Mental health disorders, like trauma and depression, are often at the root of an addiction. You might uncover an underlying mental health issue that can be treated during PHP.
- Caring staff and supportive peers are here for you during your PHP. You will live with your peers during your program, and our team will be here to teach you how to rise above mental health and substance use disorders.
How Do I Know if I Need PHP?
PHP can help you continue in your recovery after inpatient rehab. However, it is essential to find the best treatment for your needs, and PHP is just one of many options.
Consider the following questions to know if you need PHP:
- Are you new to recovery and just finished your first inpatient rehab program?
- Do you have the skills necessary to live independently?
- Is your home environment suitable for sobriety and continued recovery?
- Do you feel stable yet unable to manage triggers when you’re on your own?
- Are you experiencing intense cravings and urges for substances even after completing an inpatient program?
If you answered “yes” to any of the above questions, PHP might be the next step for your recovery.
Start Our PHP Rehab Program in Palm Springs, California
If you are ready to rise to the next challenge in your recovery journey after inpatient rehab, the partial hospitalization program at Phoenix Rising of Palm Springs, CA, is here for you. Call us today or complete our contact form to get started.