For many, the first step towards recovery is admitting and accepting how deeply their life is being affected by alcoholism, drug addiction, and/or dual diagnosis disorders. The following step is determining which California substance abuse treatment facility will help revive their overall wellness, health, and happiness.
Drug and alcohol addiction along with dual-diagnosis disorders affect millions a year. According to the 2017 National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH), around 19.7 million Americans struggle with substance use disorder (SUD). Additionally, 74% of the nation’s adults are reported to have an alcohol use disorder while 8.5 million Americans are living with a dual-diagnosis—which refers to co-occurring mental illness and addiction. These disorders not only interfere with an individual’s quality of life but can lead to serious consequences such as overdose and even death. That is why it is imperative that comprehensive treatment is available for those in need.
One of the first steps in recovery is typically detoxification. That way, the body can enter treatment free of drugs and toxins. Medication-assisted treatment is often used to ease withdrawal symptoms during this time. After detox, a variety of treatment programs are available to meet the specific needs and circumstances of the individual. These programs also cater to their stage in recovery as many people transition from one program to another over time—such as moving from an inpatient program to outpatient treatment. In each program, evidence-based and experiential therapies aid in recovery and the development of sustainable sobriety.
Given the nature of addiction, it is important to act quickly and effectively. At our California substance abuse treatment facility, your recovery is the priority. Whether you are struggling with addiction to drugs and alcohol or are battling a dual-diagnosis, our extensive programs and qualified staff are ready to help.
You are not alone. Hundreds of thousands of individuals suffer from alcohol addiction every single year.Read More
From heroin to cocaine, drug addiction is a life threatening disease that affects millions.Read More
California Substance Abuse Treatment Facility Levels of Care
Addiction treatment programs will differ per individual and are customized based on their unique requirements and conditions. No matter what, treatment programs offer stability and support to ensure patients get the help they need to maintain long-term sobriety.
Detoxification is vital to recovery as the body must rid itself of all drugs and toxins. The detox process can be difficult and withdrawal symptoms can prove uncomfortable. This is why patients are monitored by a medical team on a 24- hour basis during detox. Depending on their needs and circumstances, patients might be given medications such as methadone or naltrexone to make the withdrawal process easier.
During the detox process and addiction treatment, professionals typically prescribe medication to help ease withdrawal symptoms. These medications are utilized for an assortment of purposes, including reducing cravings and treating co-occurring disorders. Addiction treatment medications produce the most efficient results when coupled with a comprehensive treatment program.
Throughout inpatient treatment, patients are given structure and support in a safe and comfortable environment. While attending inpatient rehab, patients live in a substance-free facility. There, they receive 24-hour medical attention, enjoy activities, and participate in evidence-based and experiential therapies in a variety of settings.
Partial hospitalization programs offer more freedom than inpatient treatment programs while still providing intensive care. During this program, patients typically reside at sober living homes that are within a short distance of the treatment facility. Additionally, they have the ability to leave the facility for work, school, or family visits.
In outpatient rehab patients still receive effective treatment, but are able to remain at home during the recovery process. This allows them to continue working, going to school, and caring for loved ones while attending treatment sessions throughout the week. These programs are often a step-down from inpatient treatment and can be coupled with sober living homes.
Sober living homes are a prime option for recovery patients who need extra time to transition into sobriety. These homes support patients in recovery by strengthening their newly formed habits as they reside in a structured atmosphere.
Substance Abuse Treatment Process
Your recovery journey starts when you contact a qualified substance abuse treatment facility in California. Over the phone, you’ll receive a short assessment. However, the official intake and evaluation process occurs at the facility. The substance being abused, the amount being used, and how long you have been using are determining factors in the best course of treatment.
During the admissions process, you’ll discuss your addiction with a compassionate and informative specialist. If the services offered cater to your specific needs, then the two of you will decide when you will start treatment.
At the treatment center, you’ll undergo a comprehensive health assessment. Throughout this stage, health professionals will consider your medical conditions, history of substance abuse, and family relationships. You will also undergo a short orientation that introduces you further to the treatment center while outlining the facility’s rules and procedures.
Length of Treatment
The length of stay at our California substance abuse treatment centers will depend on the severity of your addiction, which substances you are abusing, and any co-occurring mental health disorders. For example, opioid addiction ordinarily requires a month of inpatient treatment and years of aftercare medication-assisted treatment. However, a minor addiction to alcohol typically only requires a few months of outpatient treatment.
Though rehab might seem overwhelming, the Phoenix Rising team is here to support you through each of these steps. With a wide range of treatment options and high-end amenities, we are here to help you stay on the path to recovery.
Programs at Our California Substance Abuse Treatment Facility
We have a diverse array of offerings at our substance abuse treatment center in Palm Springs, CA. The key to a sufficient rehab experience is crafting a treatment plan that is sustainable. We offer traditional forms of therapy as well as holistic treatments that improve the overall well-being of our patients. These include:
- Evidence-Based Therapies: These therapy choices are based on the most recent psychological studies of addiction. They include cognitive behavioral therapy, dialectical behavior therapy, group therapy, and family therapy.
- Holistic Healing: These treatment methods will heal your mind, body, and soul by helping you find balance and develop important coping mechanisms. Our holistic options include yoga, physical fitness, and mindful meditation.
- Aftercare Programs: Once you join the Phoenix Rising family, our doors are always open to you. Our alumni programs equip clients with a powerful support network. Additionally, these programs provide sober living homes and professional connections.
- Equine Therapy: Animals offer a level of unmatched comfort and support. Caring for another living creature teaches empathy, self-care, and responsibility—all helpful skills for those in recovery.
- Personal Chef: A balanced diet is essential to physical wellness. The personal chef at our drug abuse treatment center in Palm Springs, CA, creates healthy recipes that help keep our clients well-nourished and ready to face the next step of their recovery journeys.
Amenities at Our California Substance Abuse Treatment Centers
With plenty of luxurious amenities, our California substance abuse treatment facility is high-end, Here are some of the things we provide at our Phoenix Rising treatment centers:
- Pool and Jacuzzi: Our pool is the perfect place to exercise and have fun while our jacuzzi promotes full-body relaxation. Both of these take full advantage of the beautiful southern California weather.
- Secluded Facility: Our treatment center is located on a scenic ranch and feels remote and secure. This makes it all the easier to break away from your everyday patterns and enjoy the moment. It also means that we have horses on-site for equine therapy.
- Sober Living: We not only have 18 rooms on site for clients to stay in, but we have off-campus housing as well. Sober living homes help keep our clients accountable and comfortable during their treatment.
- Gym and Personal Trainer: Total healing begins with mind and body wellness. Therefore, we offer a full gym and personal trainer to help our clients achieve physical wellness during recovery.
Join Our Substance Abuse Treatment Facility in California Today
It’s not easy to admit you have a problem—but it is courageous. Recovery is possible and treatment is available. Our California substance abuse treatment facility has everything you need to get through the entire process smoothly and successfully. With a multitude of programs and services, Phoenix Rising in Palm Springs, CA is ready to get you the help you deserve. Don’t wait any longer. Call us or visit our contact form to start your recovery journey today.