This type of treatment helps your child overcome their addiction to opioids. Opioids include illegal drugs such as heroin and prescription painkillers. Examples of pain relievers include Vicodin and oxytocin. They also include other drugs that cause addiction and dependence. Medication-assisted treatment for opioid addiction entails the use of therapy and anti-craving medicines.
These include methadone and naltrexone. These medicines help in dealing with relapse prevention, withdrawal symptoms, and opioid dependence. These evidence-based treatment plans help to maintain long-term recovery and overcome addiction.
Understanding Opioid Addiction
Most young people first use opioids as prescriptions after the removal of wisdom teeth or injury. Others misuse these drugs intentionally to get high. Access to the drugs is mainly from medicine cabinets of colleagues, friends, and family. Some teens begin using opioids then change to heroin since it is cheaper.
Misusing opioids causes changes to the brain which eventually leads to addiction. The person struggling with addiction develops a craving and overpowering urge of the drug. They also lose control and find it hard to stop using the drug. Most people struggling with opioid addiction cannot use less of the drug over time without professional help. This is because their brain changes and they develop to a different person.
Benefits of Medication Assisted Treatment for Opioid Addiction
People with opioid addiction experience withdrawal symptoms. Intense cravings and withdrawal make the process of recovery difficult. Medication-assisted treatment assists individuals to focus less on the drugs. This helps them in maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
A comprehensive treatment approach also involves counseling or therapy. This helps to prevent relapse, support recovery, and address behavioral issues. Family therapy helps young adults and teens to address drug addiction and other issues.
Other benefits of medication-assisted treatment for opioid addiction include:
- Enhancing the survival of people struggling with addiction
- Increasing retention in treatment
- Enhancing the chances of getting and staying in employment among people with opioid addiction
- Aiding the birth of healthy babies among pregnant women struggling with addiction
- Enabling users to live a healthy life and reduce illegal activities in society
Treatment Programs Available
Phoenix Rising Recovery center provides medication-assisted treatment for opioid addiction. It has health care experts that provide therapies and counseling to the people struggling with addiction. The facility also provides customized care for clients with different schedules.
Some of the addiction therapy programs available at Phoenix Rising Recovery include:
- Dual diagnosis treatment: This involves treating co-occurring mental illnesses. These include depression, trauma, and others
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy program: This type of treatment encourages positive thoughts among the clients. It promotes positive behaviors which help to manage addiction
- Dialectical behavior therapy program: This program helps clients effectively handle their relationships. It also helps them deal with emotions and stress. DBT helps you renew your everyday living
- Psychotherapy for addiction: This involves finding the hidden issues that may be the cause of addiction. It includes professionals such as psychologists and addiction specialists
- Trauma-informed care: The facility helps clients to discover the underlying reasons for their addiction problem. It helps them live a more fulfilling life
- Group therapy program: This therapy program helps peers support each other throughout the treatment and recovery process. They also learn how to be social with others
- Family therapy program: Addiction affects both the users and their families. Family therapy helps to improve the relation among the clients and their close friends and family
Get the Required Addiction Treatment
Don’t allow addiction to affect your family and the future of your child. Seek medication-assisted treatment for opioid addiction at Phoenix Recovery. We provide the required medicines and therapies to help your child recover from opioid addiction. So reach out to us via 8552328211 and begin your journey to a more sustainable life free from addiction.