Cocaine addiction is a serious and prevalent issue that affects individuals and their loved ones. At Phoenix Rising Recovery, our experienced and compassionate team is dedicated to helping people overcome their addiction to cocaine. This article aims to provide information about cocaine addiction statistics, recognizing the signs of addiction, and what to do when faced with these signs. Our Palm Springs, California rehab center is here to help those struggling with cocaine addiction begin their journey to recovery.
Cocaine Addiction Statistics
Cocaine addiction remains a significant concern in the United States and worldwide. According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA), over 5 million Americans reported using cocaine in 2020, with approximately 1 million of these users meeting the criteria for a substance use disorder. Cocaine-related overdose deaths have also been on the rise, emphasizing the need for effective cocaine treatment and intervention programs.
Signs of Cocaine Addiction
Being able to identify the signs of cocaine addiction is crucial in helping individuals seek the necessary help. Some common signs of cocaine addiction include:
- Frequent, unexplained mood swings or irritability
- Increased energy and amount of talking
- Dilated pupils and higher heart rate
- Nosebleeds or frequent sniffing
- Changes in sleep and eating patterns
- Loss of interest in previously enjoyed activities
- Financial difficulties or unexplained expenses
- Neglecting responsibilities at work, school, or home
- Engaging in risky behaviors or lying about drug use
- Developing a tolerance to the drug, requiring higher doses for the same effect
- Experiencing withdrawal symptoms when not using cocaine, such as fatigue, depression, or cravings
What to do if You Recognize Cocaine Addiction Signs in Someone Else
If you recognize the signs of cocaine addiction in a loved one or friend, it’s essential to approach the situation with understanding and compassion. Here are some steps you can take to help:
- Educate yourself about cocaine addiction and its effects to better understand what they’re going through.
- Speak to them openly and honestly, talking about your concerns without judgment or blame.
- Offer your support to seek professional help.
- Help them research treatment options, such as rehab centers like Phoenix Rising Recovery, and assist them in taking the first steps towards recovery.
- Remember to take care of yourself and seek support from others, as helping someone with an addiction can be emotionally challenging.
Contact Our Cocaine Addiction Treatment Center in California
Our dedicated team at Phoenix Rising Recovery center in Palm Springs, California, provides comprehensive treatment programs for individuals struggling with cocaine addiction. Our personalized approach combines evidence-based therapies, support groups, and holistic practices to address each person’s unique needs. If you or a loved one is struggling with cocaine addiction, don’t hesitate to contact our rehab center to begin the journey toward recovery and a healthier, drug-free life.